• After string of failed live shows and arrests, Katt Williams tearfully announces retirement (Video)

    He was going to make the announcement from his business offices in Los Angeles, but when a local Seattle reporter caught up with him on the street outside the hotel from which he was ejected, Katt Williams, with a tear rolling down his cheek, decided there was no reason to wait. “I’m just going to go ahead and announce my retirement from stand-up,” he says, dressed in a Kurt Cobain t-shirt. “I’m kind of done. This is, um…[reporter asks if he’s serious about quitting]. “Yeah. I’ve already discussed it with my kids. I wasn’t really going to do it on a Seattle street. I was going to go to Los Angeles and do it in the offices of ICM or Live Nation…”

    Williams’ latest string of confrontations and missteps (he failed to show up to his Thursday performance) started on Friday after his show in Seattle, when he was allegedly involved in an altercation with three fans who, he claims, tried to get into his dressing room, according to reports. No arrests were made. On Saturday night he visited a sports bar and got into an altercation with a patron. A police report was filed.

    Sunday, Williams was arrested and jailed after he allegedly argued with a patron at World Sports Grille (the same one as Saturday) as well as threatened the manager with a pool cue. Williams was also accused of flicking a lit cigarette into a woman’s face through a car window and then throwing a rock at the same car. After struggling with officers, he was arrested and jailed for alleged assault, harassment and obstruction. He was released late yesterday and quickly got thrown out of a Courtyard Marriott after marijuana fumes wafted from his room, causing hotel guests to complain, according to the Seattle Times. Williams has a court date set for Thursday.

    Before arriving in Seattle, Williams was in Sacramento on Nov. 25, where he drove a three-wheel motorcycle on a sidewalk and ran several red lights, leading a California Highway Patrol officer on a high-speed pursuit. On Nov. 17 an audience member at Williams’ recent show in Oakland filed a class-action lawsuit against the comedian, claiming Williams engaged in “non-performance” when he yelled at the crowd and left the stage early. Two days prior, Williams was arrested and jailed for allegedly breaking a bottle over a man’s head. He was released the next day. On Nov. 1, Williams’ show in Denver was cut short after he mumbled onstage and went into the crowd to track down one of the many hecklers.

    Dylan P. Gadino

    Dylan is the founder and editor emeritus of Laughspin.

    WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien